G7 System Certification
The G7 System Certification Program evaluates the ability of a software system to calibrate a printing device to meet the G7 grayscale definition using four 1-D Curves. This is NOT the G7 Master Qualification submission program.
Why use a G7 Certified System?
- The G7 Master designation identifies more than 1,100 print service providers, prepress providers, and creative agencies worldwide that excel in implementing the G7 Proof-to-Print Process, a calibration method that allows printers to achieve a visual simulation across multiple print platforms.
- To support these companies in consistently applying the G7 methodology in their process controls, IDEAlliance established a certification process to evaluate the ability of a software system to calibrate a printing device to meet the G7 grayscale definition using four 1-D Curves.
- G7 Certified Systems are certified by Rochester Institute of Technology to meet or exceed established industry tolerances and are capable of calibrating a printing device to meet the G7 grayscale definition.
- Accompanying each G7 Certified System is an Application Data Sheet (ADS), designed to assist print producers and end users in the proper use and operation of their system.
- Utilizing a G7 Certified System ensures the ability to operate a consistent G7-managed workflow, which has been proven to expand efficiencies, reduce costs of operation, and speed time to market of printed materials.To learn more about the G7 System Certification program use the links on the left hand sidebar of this web page.
For information on G7 System Certification, contact Steve Bonoff at 913.839.9623.