Guide to Print Production 13.0
This booklet is an update to the Guide to Print Production V12.0. As with the earlier SWOP and GRACoL editions, this booklet is about publishing and printing and the proper procedures and suggested techniques for reproducing a creative concept—image or information—on a targeted output media.
What's New in V13
Much has changed in the industry since the last edition of this publication was published more than two years ago. Version 13.0 of the Guide to Print Production addresses the dramatic changes to the print production landscape, including;
- New characterization datasets.
- New standards in lighting, viewing and measurement.
- The importance of the new M1 measurement standards and its impact on G7, GRACoL and SWOP.
- Getting the most from G7 in multiple print processes.
- We more fully engage the creative production professional, sharing the keys to ensuring a positive print experience.
- New guidelines for managing expectations when working with printers to manage a specified print condition
- We address cross media, offering a look at the six stages of an integrated media production workflow.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- For Beginners: What It All Means
- New Building Blocks: The Latest Standards & Specs
- G7: What Is G7?
- GRACoL & SWOP: Characterized Reference Print Conditions
- Creative Workflow: Best Practices For Creatives
- Prepress Workflow: Best Practices For Production
- Proofing: Best Practices In Hard & Soft Proofing
- Viewing & Measuring: New Standards in Lighting
- Print Requirements: Managing the Print Supply Chain
- Print Manufacturing: Process Control in Print Production
- Standards Charts: Standardized Printing Guidelines
- G7 by Process: Standards & Specs by Print Method
- Cross Media: Six Stages of an Integrated Workflow
- Idealliance: Groups & Certifications