Curve2 is a software program designed to simplify the IDEAlliance G7® calibration method. Inputting color measurement data, it calculates color curves for the purpose of calibrating printing presses and other printers to the G7 calibration process.
IDEALink Curve, a joint-development between CHROMiX and HutchColor, ushered in the age of G7 calibration and helped propel it into a mainstream press calibration technique that is the basis for today's North American characterization colors in GRACoL #1, SWOP #3 and SWOP #5
Curve2 replaces IDEALink Curve software. Like IDEALink Curve, Curve2 is primarily designed for calculating G7 calibration curves, but does so with much higher precision due to completely new core algorithms.
Some of the features include:
- Quick and accurate calibration of almost any stable printing system to match the G7 NPDC (Neutral Print Density Curve) and gray balance definitions
- Calibration by the legacy TVI method to match ISO-standard TVI curves.
- Virtual Press Run module which eliminates the need to run a second press run in order to create profiling targets. (Module available at additional cost.)
- Metrics to show conformance to Neutral Print Density Curves & gray balance
- Verify whether an ink and substrate combination meets the tolerances of a printing specification such as GRACoL or SWOP, prior to calculating calibration curves.
- Output as RIP percentage values, Device Link profile, Photoshop curves.
- Detailed and expandable graphs
See "Related Items" to the right for additional Curve2 related products