Press Performance: Metrics, Colorimetry and Best Practices
A 2-Part IdeasOnline Webinar Event
Press Performance: Metrics, Colorimetry, and Best Practices
Members: FREE, Non-members $49
PART 1 - Wednesday, May 30
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
Learn how modern colorimetry is used to supplement or replace historical densitometry in setting color aims and tolerances for graphic image reproductions.
Dr. Danny C. Rich
There has been a strong shift in the methods and measurement tools - including spectrodensitometers - that print providers use to quantify how a press sheet looks for their customers.
This webinar will help you better understand the latest best practices and instruments needed to effectively measure press sheets and to easily communicate this data to your clients.
PART 2 - Thursday, May 31
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
Learn proven best practices about press data collection and communication from the perspective of both printer and customer.
Principal Engineer - Research, QuadTech
We will review the best practices associated with capturing and reporting performance data from two perspectives:
• A description of the instruments to capture press data. You'll learn what data print providers are able to collect and what type of information can be quantified and shared with customers.
• A description of the press maintenance and press performance parameters over the length of a print run, including deviation, variation, press tolerances, and performance numbers vs. visual evaluation.
• A description of best practices for collecting relevant pressroom data including possible irrelevant for customers.
• What data does the customer really need to manage their business?
• What metrics are really superfluous?
• What's the relative value of data collected vs. visual evaluation?
• What's the best and most relevant form for customers to receive press performance data?
• How are customers getting too much information they don't need and not enough of what they truly do need?
Who should attend:
• Print and premedia production managers
• Print Media Buyers
• Color and Quality Managers and Press Metrics