Enhanced video training course for production and non-production personnel, describing how combined with FIRST, the G7® methodology enhances any flexographic workflow.
G7® is a set of specifications designed to achieve visual similarity across all print processes, flexography included. Using G7, all printed conditions and processes are aimed at a common standard so that when files are created, your customer can be assured that the end result will match their expectations. Better yet, with G7 you’ll benefit from greater process control, reduced press set-up time, reduced waste and faster makeready time. The end result? High quality, repeatable results.
Designed for production and non-production personnel, this course provides the information necessary to enhance any flexographic workflow using the G7 methodology.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND:
- What G7 is, and why you need to implement it in your flexographic production environment
- Calibration techniques for G7 and FIRST to achieve repeatable, accurate results
- Optimization practices for G7 and FIRST to identify the best possible combination of print variables
- Fingerprinting procedures for G7 and FIRST to successfully match a contract proof
- Process control techniques for G7 and FIRST for maintain stable press conditions, and reduce set-up time and waste
- Global standards that reference G7 and Near Neutral Calibration
- Procedures for matching standard proofs, versus custom datasets
- How G7 provides efficiencies for both brand owner and printer
- What the next steps are for G7 and FIRST certification
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Online Course: G7, Flexography and the Production Environment
Instructors: Steve Smiley, SmileyColor & Associates and Joe Tuccitto, FTA
Description: Enhanced video training course for production and non-production personnel, describing how combined with FIRST, the G7 methodology enhances any flexographic workflow.
Developed: In partnership with IDEAlliance and Flexographic Technical Association (FTA)
$450 | FTA & IDEAlliance Members
$900 | Non-Members